Saturday, November 28, 2009

My Thanksgiving Recipe Book

A few years ago I decided to put all my Thanksgiving recipes into one small book. Usually I had piles of cookbooks and loose recipes all over the counters in a rather small kitchen with limited counter space.

In my Microsoft Works there is a place to organize recipes and I typed the ones I needed in there and added some Thanksgiving clip art. I bought a small inexpensive 4 x 6 foto album and replaced their cardboard cover insert with my own - (picture above). Here is how some of the recipe pages turned out:





This works out well for Thanksgiving because I almost always make the same things. This year I only made the Turkey, Gravy, Stuffing and Potatoes. My Guests brought the vegetables and dessert.

Some of the other recipes included in my book are Turkey Stuffing, Candied Sweet Potatoes, Bean-Mushroom Medley, Pastry for two pie crusts, Famous Pumpkin Pie, Pecan Pie and Crescent rolls. (I cheated and bought rolls again this year).

I found my little book so handy and helpful that I made one for Christmas Baking too.

1 comment:

Holding the Fort said...

After trying to juggle three different recipes books during my turkey process this year... I'm now thinking that this is a TERRIFIC idea! (It's not just the three different books in my kitchen; I always make a grand mess throughout the whole kitchen during turkey time.)