Monday, March 21, 2011

"Be warm, inside and out." - Mary Engelbreit

Any handmade gift is akin to Thoreau's proverbial woodpile - it warms you twice.  It warms you first with the glow of receiving something from the heart, and it warms you again as you use it. 

This true in a very practical way with a handmade quilt, because physical warmth is what it's all about.

This quilt was made for me by my daughter Collette almost ten years ago.  I hung it on the wall of my sewing room where it served as inspiration for my own quilt making. 



Now I use it to curl up on the couch with a good book and a cup of tea, warmed all the way through..


All photos were taken at daughter Karen's house.


3 comments:

Karen said...

"Warms you twice"... I really like that. The quilt is beautiful!

Collette said...

oh my goodness! I looked at all of your wonderful pics before reading the post & didn't recognize the quilt at first! Well, it warms MY heart again to remember the joy of making something to give to someone special!! :) Thank you for posting!

Collette said...

Karen - that's a beautiful piano in the background!! :)