Monday, May 4, 2015

50 Days of Easter

                                              
Fifty Days of Easter celebration between Easter Sunday and Pentecost!  At our house we like to celebrate around the table, so we enjoy making different settings.

 Below is my Easter Sunday breakfast table.  


Actually, I ended up using different napkins - the ones  included in my 'rimshot'.  


Let's see......placemats and ramekins are from TJ Maxx;  blue glasses, small blue plates and napkins - Old Time Pottery; beige plate and silver napkin rings - Walmart; vase - Dollar Tree.  


Soon after Easter, I decided to use some new pink napkins I found at the Harvest Thrift Store.  The plan was to use some pretty fresh pink flowers to go with the damask tablecloth and silver, but I couldn't find any in town.  So I resorted to my burgundy and dusty rose candle ring.


Next I wanted to use an heirloom banded tablecloth that I found at Savers.  I don't know if you can tell that besides the bands it has hemstitching!  Since it is a 60 inch square, I layered it over a green tablecloth.  The green napkin rings are from Savers, too.  Actually, so are the Homer Laughlin ivory plates.


The tablecloth has a kitchen feel to it, so I decided to keep it simple with plain glassware and a pitcher of greens and salmon colored carnations.


There are many more days of Easter celebration yet to come.  My Grandma Schuster always ended her letters to me with the phrase "Take time to smell the flowers!"  Well, I am taking her advice by setting a pretty table with glassware and china and sometimes even with fresh flowers and by taking time to enjoy a meal with my husband, friends and family.


1 comment:

Birchbright said...

Hi! I somehow overlooked this fun post! I enjoy watching the ebb and flow of your changing tablescape... somewhat like watching the seasons begin, fill out, mature, wane, and then meld into the next :>)