Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Disturbing the Peace


 My reading nook is normally a very peaceful and quiet appearing place.  Not so this Saturday and Sunday.  You might think the most uproarious time was on Saturday as we celebrated my birthday.  But not so.

This is my birthday cake

For the most part my guests were really well behaved.  All we had to do was to make sure some people were busy eating........

That was my Birthday Cake

 Others, of course are just naturally peaceful people...

A piece - full guest

The conversationalist

There are always one or two, though, who really liven things up....

The rowdies



Yes the party on Saturday was lively, but not uproarious.  It was on Sunday that the action really picked up.  King Alfred convinced his chiefs to oppose the invader Guthrum the Dane and.......
we fought the Battle of Ethandune
all afternoon 
in my living room.




Pictures were made possible by a lovely gift from my family.
Cake was made by daughter Collette and her children.
Book was a meme.  It is available at the American Chesterton Society

2 comments:

Collette said...

Oh we are definitely going to have to read this one soon!! We had a wonderful time on Saturday, too :0) So glad you are enjoying your new gift!

k*handtke said...

how funny! love how the tempo picked up on Sunday :>)